Re: [htdig] Solaris Compile Problems

Subject: Re: [htdig] Solaris Compile Problems
From: Gilles Detillieux (
Date: Wed Jul 19 2000 - 12:31:44 PDT

According to Chad Phillips:
> I just upgraded my OS from Solairs 2.6 to 8, and now I can't compile HtDig.
> When I run configure it start fine but then gives me this error:
> checking for fstream.h... no
> configure: error: To compile ht://Dig, you will need a C++ library. Try installing libstdc++.
> I installed packages for gcc and libstdc.
> libstdc++-
> GCC281
> Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Does the libstdc++ package include all the header files? That seems to
be what configure is failing to find. If the header files are in a non-
standard location, perhaps you need to set your CFLAGS environment variable
before running ./configure, to point it in the right direction.

Spinal Cord Research Centre       WWW: