Re: [htdig] Error in ./configure

Subject: Re: [htdig] Error in ./configure
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Wed Jul 19 2000 - 12:18:49 PDT

According to Sigfus Oddsson:
> My Linux distribution is Red Hat 6.2, very minimal though - I only installed
> what I considered to be the bare minimum of packages.
>
> This is my sed version: sed-3.02-6
>
> Included is my config.status file
>
> My $SHELL is /bin/bash.
> constantly get

> 'make'

In the attached config.status file...
[snip]
> sed 's/%@/@@/; s/@%/@@/; s/%g$/@g/; /@g$/s/[\\&%]/\\&/g;
> s/@@/%@/; s/@@/@%/; s/@g$/%g/' > conftest.subs <<\CEOF
> /^[ ]*VPATH[ ]*=[^:]*$/d
>
> s%@SHELL@%/bin/sh%g
> s%@CFLAGS@%-O3 -march=pentium -mcpu=pentium -ffast-math -funroll-loops -fomit-frame-pointer -fforce-mem -fforce-addr
> -malign-double -fno-exceptions%g
[snip]

This seems to be the problem right here. The CFLAGS environment variable
contains an embedded newline character, which is throwing off the sed
script. You should either rerun ./configure with the CFLAGS variable
corrected, if that's how configure got it's CFLAGS setting in the first
place, or you can edit config.status to rejoin the two lines above into
a single line and then execute config.status to build all the necessary
Makefiles.