Re: [htdig] installing htdig for NT

Subject: Re: [htdig] installing htdig for NT
From: Anthony Peacock (a.peacock@chime.ucl.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Jul 17 2000 - 06:30:53 PDT

> According to Jim Kerslake:
> > I've been trying the NT binaries supplied by Stephane at
> > http://www.htdig.org/files/binaries/ and have fallen at the final small
> > hurdle:

> > > I had some feedbacks about the fact that htdig contains a path to
> > "sort.exe"
> > > hardly compiled with the binary. So, I added sort.exe with cygwin1.dll.
> > > Sort.exe should be located in d:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\ .
> >
> > I can't partition my server's disk, so can't put sort.exe into the above
> > location.
> > So htmerge just dies.
> >
> > Does this mean that I have to get hold of Cygwin and compile my own NT
> > binaries... or is there any quicker work-around ??
>
> It's a shame Stephane built the package with non-standard paths like that
> built-in. Is there no way in NT of assigning a subdirectory to a particular
> drive letter without repartitioning? If not, then rebuilding may be your only
> option.

Use the SUBST command.

Open a Command window (MS/DOS) and type: HELP SUBST

The command allows you to map a drive letter to a directory.

SUBST d: c:\path\to\sort

Of course if you want this to be valid everytime you log in you will need to
include the command in your startup files.

---
Anthony Peacock
"If you needed a personal life, we would have issued you with one."
"Some days it is just not worth gnawing through the restraints."