Re: [htdig] Moving Databases

Subject: Re: [htdig] Moving Databases
From: Gilles Detillieux (
Date: Thu Jul 13 2000 - 14:15:08 PDT

According to Eric Luhrs:
> I'd like to build my htdig databases on a different machine from the one
> that will actually host them. Otherwise, I'll have to build several BIG
> databases on a Sparc4. :( Will this work?

It should work as long as the machines in question are of similar
architecture, or at the very least have the same floating-point format
and "endian-ness". You cannot build on a Pentium and move to a Sparc,
for example, but you can probably move from a faster sparc to a sparc4.

Spinal Cord Research Centre       WWW: