Re: [htdig] htdig - customizing search

Subject: Re: [htdig] htdig - customizing search
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Thu Jul 13 2000 - 11:53:16 PDT

According to alan:
> Gilles Detillieux wrote:
> > htmerge needs an external sort.exe program to sort the wordlist. If you
> > compiled the package yourself under Cygwin, it should have found it or
> > complained it was missing. Did you move or remove any Cygwin files since
> > building the package? Check your htmerge/Makefile to see what path it's
> > using for SORT_PROG. If you installed using Stephane Baudet's pre-compiled
> > binaries for NT, see his README file.
>
> yes i am using Stephane's pre-compiled binaries for NT, i have read his README but it
> doesnt help... i copied the cygwin1.dll and sort.exe into c:\winnt\system32 ... the
> README says to put sort.exe into d:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\ but there is
> no such directory because cygwin is probably not installed... is there some other way
> that htmerge can use the external sort.exe program (without installing cygwin)?

If you have a D: drive or partition, I'd suggest just creating the
directory path above and putting sort.exe in it. If you don't, I
think there's still a way to set up some sort of "virtual drive" from
a subdirectory of you C: drive, but I don't know NT enough to say how,
or even to say for sure you can. Apart from that, I don't know what else
to suggest, as I don't know NT or Cygwin much at all, as I've never used
them myself.