Re: [htdig] DB2 problem...: __db_mpool.share: Permission denied

Subject: Re: [htdig] DB2 problem...: __db_mpool.share: Permission denied
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Thu Jul 13 2000 - 08:53:50 PDT

According to Uta Becht:
> I installed htdig. DB-Files are ok.
>
> When I try and search I get the error:
> htsearch detected an error:
>
> Internal Server Error
>
> The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
>
> Please contact the server administrator, root@cinetic.de and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might
> have
> done that may have caused the error.
>
> The apache error log says:
> DB2 problem...: __db_mpool.share: Permission denied
> DB2 problem...: db_appinit: Permission denied
> [Thu Jul 13 11:18:27 2000] [error] Premature end of script headers: /netsite/online/cgi-bin/medakt/htsearch

Well, as the error messages indicate, there seems to be a problem with
permissions. Check to make sure all your db files are readable, and the
directories leading up to them are executable, by the user ID under which
apache runs.

I'd much prefer that questions of this sort went to the list rather than
just to me, so others could benefit from it as well (and so others would
have a chance to reply). For this reason, I'm cc'ing the list.