Re: [htdig] httpd Internal Server Error

Subject: Re: [htdig] httpd Internal Server Error
From: Greg Lepore (gregl@mdarchives.state.md.us)
Date: Thu Jul 13 2000 - 05:34:06 PDT

Gilles,

        I need to work on my powers of estimation, the actual command line time
for a search that returns all pages (112,000) is around 20-25 seconds. At
the time of the tests, there was only one install of HTDIG and therefore
only one database and conf file. No unusual input parameters, basically
"search everything" with the defaults. I am trying to install 3.2b2 but the
dig time is outrageous, still running after 16 hours versus 5 hours for a
complete dig with 3.1.3.
        However, searches that return 20,000 hits and over are still giving the
crash. I was hoping that upgrading would give me some speed benefits. Of
course, I will also install another 128MB of RAM and cross my fingers...
        Thanks,

http://www.scrc.umanitoba.ca/~grdetil
>Dept. Physiology, U. of Manitoba Phone: (204)789-3766
>Winnipeg, MB R3E 3J7 (Canada) Fax: (204)789-3930

Gregory Lepore
Maryland Electronic Capital Webmaster
410-260-6425
gregl@mdarchives.state.md.us