[htdig] Subsearches using Single htdig db

Subject: [htdig] Subsearches using Single htdig db
From: Tod Thomas (tthomas@chubb.com)
Date: Wed Jul 12 2000 - 12:20:15 PDT

Sorry if this has already been asked. On the htdig.org home page it
says:

"Many different types of searches can be set up using only a single
search database. For example, the online documentation search above uses
the same database as the campus main search. The difference between the
searches is that the documentation search will only show results related
to the online documentation."

This is exactly what I would like to do. Our intranet is composed of a
number of departmental subsites some of which have search capabilities
specific to their content (we're using Excite for those). I would like
to provide the same capability using htdig w/o having multiple config
files and multiple databases for each. Can anybody point me to
documentation that describes this or would care to share their expertise
?

Thanks in advance,
Tod Thomas