Re: [htdig] Proxy authentication

Subject: Re: [htdig] Proxy authentication
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Wed Jul 12 2000 - 09:27:27 PDT

According to Moore, Richard:
> I've set up ht-Dig on our site which works fine for indexing pages on our
> LAN but I cannot make the htdig program look outside the network onto the
> internet or our WAN. I have set the http_proxy parameter in ht-Digs conf
> file to the ip address and port of our proxy server. I have also set the
> HTTP_PROXY environment variable.
>
> One other thing to note is that I have to supply a username and password to
> the proxy server when I use it to browse the web. Is there any way of
> providing these parameters in the htdig.conf file? or is there a unix
> variable I can use? I am running redhat 6.1 and the latest version of ht-Dig
> on apache.

You may want to try the -u option to htdig, or the authorization attribute,
if the proxy server is using basic authentication. If it's not, you may be
out of luck here.

> ‘This e-mail and any attachments hereto are:
>
> - strictly confidential and intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended addressee, you must not disclose, forward, copy or take any action in reliance on this e-mail or attachments. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender as soon as possible.

My goodness, I've never had to deal with strictly confidential e-mail on a
public mailing list before. Forgive me if I betrayed any confidences by
quoting it. ;-)