[htdig] Proxy authentication

Subject: [htdig] Proxy authentication
From: Moore, Richard (Richard.Moore@logistics.nhs.uk)
Date: Wed Jul 12 2000 - 07:44:50 PDT

Hi,

I've set up ht-Dig on our site which works fine for indexing pages on our
LAN but I cannot make the htdig program look outside the network onto the
internet or our WAN. I have set the http_proxy parameter in ht-Digs conf
file to the ip address and port of our proxy server. I have also set the
HTTP_PROXY environment variable.

One other thing to note is that I have to supply a username and password to
the proxy server when I use it to browse the web. Is there any way of
providing these parameters in the htdig.conf file? or is there a unix
variable I can use? I am running redhat 6.1 and the latest version of ht-Dig
on apache.

Thanks,

Richard.

‘This e-mail and any attachments hereto are:

- strictly confidential and intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended addressee, you must not disclose, forward, copy or take any action in reliance on this e-mail or attachments. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender as soon as possible.

- not intended to create contractual relations or legal obligations binding on the sending organisation and no action may be taken in reliance on this e-mail and any attachments hereto unless the contents are confirmed by letter.

Addressees should check all attachments for viruses. Neither the NHS Purchasing and Supply Agency nor the NHS Logistics Authority make representations as regards the absence of viruses in attachments to this e-mail.’