Re: [htdig] Learning the ropes

Subject: Re: [htdig] Learning the ropes
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Tue Jul 11 2000 - 08:32:15 PDT

According to Fred Turner:
> I've just subscibed to the htdig mailing list. How do I go about replying to
> a message posted in the past?

By "in the past," I assume you mean messages in the list archives.
Unfortunately, the mail archiving software on htdig.org doesn't make
it easy to directly reply to an archived message, so you would have
to just grab the address(es) and text from your browser and paste it
into your mail program. It's easier if you access the archives via
http://www.mail-archive.com/htdig%40htdig.org/ which includes a reply
button at the bottom of each message. In Netscape, this pulls up
the composer window, in which I can click the "Quote" button to have
the body of the message quoted in the composer, then add my comments.
Just remember to add the list address to the Cc: list if you want the
reply to go to everyone.