Re: [htdig] Limit to number of files

Subject: Re: [htdig] Limit to number of files
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Mon Jul 10 2000 - 19:19:02 PDT

Robert E Morse's bits of Mon, 10 Jul 2000 translated to:

>I have 3500 files in several directories that I would like to index,
>but they are not all referenced within an index.html. So I created
>a file that listed all the URL's seperately and put this line in the
>htdig.conf file:
>
>start_url: `/tmp/all.urls`
>
>and also put this in:
>
>max_doc_size: 4000000
>
>It keeps dumping core when I run the rundig command. When
>I trim the file down to about 2500 lines, it works fine. Is there
>a limit to how many files can be listed in the external file?

Hi - I use external files for some of the sites I maintain. One of the
files currently has a little over 57000 lines, so I don't think the
number of lines is the problem. Have you tried running the commands
(htdig, htmerge, etc.) individually to see where it is dying? Maybe
with -vvv to see what is being done when it dies?

Jim