[htdig] URL deletions and maintenance.

Subject: [htdig] URL deletions and maintenance.
From: John Dispirito (JohnD@ugo.com)
Date: Mon Jul 10 2000 - 12:52:37 PDT

Hi,

I'm a little new to Ht://dig and I was wondering if the people of this list
could answer a question
for me, or point me in the direction of the correct faq or url where this
information was placed.

I checked with the FAQ on the htdig main page, and couldn't find any info on
this.

UGO.com uses htdig to maintain a search database of its site and its
affiliate sites. Sometimes web sites
are no longer affiliates, and they need to be removed from our search
engine.

My question is how do I remove a website once I no longer wish to store its
pages in my search database?
Is this possible? Or do I need to completely rebuild the database without
running an htdig -a?
(after I remove them from the start_url option in htdig.conf)

It seems as if the htdig databases are almost one way, you can only put
data in, but it can't be deleted as of yet.
Am I correct?

Thanks for the time and patience in helping out a newbie.

John.