[htdig] URL deletions and maintenance.

Subject: [htdig] URL deletions and maintenance.
From: John Dispirito (JohnD@ugo.com)
Date: Mon Jul 10 2000 - 12:52:37 PDT

I'm a little new to Ht://dig and I was wondering if the people of this list
could answer a question
for me, or point me in the direction of the correct faq or url where this
information was placed.

I checked with the FAQ on the htdig main page, and couldn't find any info on

UGO.com uses htdig to maintain a search database of its site and its
affiliate sites. Sometimes web sites
are no longer affiliates, and they need to be removed from our search

My question is how do I remove a website once I no longer wish to store its
pages in my search database?
Is this possible? Or do I need to completely rebuild the database without
running an htdig -a?
(after I remove them from the start_url option in htdig.conf)

It seems as if the htdig databases are almost one way, you can only put
data in, but it can't be deleted as of yet.
Am I correct?

Thanks for the time and patience in helping out a newbie.