Re: [htdig] Only search a page

Subject: Re: [htdig] Only search a page
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Wed Jul 05 2000 - 15:01:46 PDT

According to Sam Xie:
> However, I am wondering if it's possible to configure the htdig not only be
> able to search a whole url, but also to search a particular page? For example,
> I set the file htdig.conf as "... start_url: http://samxie.cl.msu.edu ...",
> the rundig will create the database for all information based on this url, but
> if I click one of the connections on this url, go to a particular page, I'd like
> to use htdig to search a piece of information only on this page. In this way
> the search will be more focus and fast. Can this be done on htdig? Please
> help me?

Well, you could use the "restrict" input parameter to htsearch to limit the
search to just one page, but htsearch still only gives you a link to the
whole page, so it would be of limited use. When you're down to a single
page, why don't you just use your web browser's "Find in page" feature
to search for words on the current page?