Re: [htdig] htsearch causes ISE but not if exec'd manually

Subject: Re: [htdig] htsearch causes ISE but not if exec'd manually
From: Andreas Hudzieczek (andreas@star.informatik.rwth-aachen.de)
Date: Tue Jul 04 2000 - 09:36:45 PDT

Hi all!

I solved the problem by setting the varible "value" to "" instead of to "htdig" in the sample search form.
Strangely enough, I did not have to do this after my first installation of htdig.
Anyway, now my search form calls htsearch with correct 'variable fillings'. I found the solution because it turned out that calling the htsearch cgi directly even through a web browser did indeed return results from the search if you only waited long enough.
Now I can call it through HTML form and it only takes 2 or 3 seconds longer.
I still find it interesting that calling htsearch from the command line is yet so much faster.

Greetz,
  Andreas