Re: [htdig] I can not get htdig to index number

Subject: Re: [htdig] I can not get htdig to index number
From: Jim Cole (
Date: Mon Jul 03 2000 - 23:07:36 PDT

Hi - If you take a closer look, you will see that numbers *are* being
indexed. For example, searches on 820 and 2000 both return results. I
suspect you have been testing on the two digit numbers you have added
into the test strings (e.g. This is a test number 45 also 57 and 82!)?
By default, searches on any two character terms will fail, numbers or
otherwise. Take a look at...

Brian Tshudy's bits of Tue, 4 Jul 2000 translated to: