Re: [htdig] another question

Subject: Re: [htdig] another question
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 29 2000 - 06:48:09 PDT

At 1:31 PM +0000 6/29/00, Unicef Org wrote:
>is there a way i can have the search engine ONLY look for words you
>search by, in the 'THEMES' list on my page? like, if i search for
>'Social Policies', is there a way i can have htdig search my whole
>site, and find 'Social Policies' in JUST the 'THEMES' category?

So you want to restrict a search to a specific area and ignore
everything else. I usually call this "field" searching. The short
answer is not yet.

The longer answer is that you'll still need to have some sort of
context for the words. These could be some sort of META tag (i.e.
your "THEMES" are in a meta keyword section) or the title of the
document or something like that. Essentially, you will need to use
some sort of markup to indicate that these words might be special.

The 3.2 code currently stores information on the context of words,
but it does not support restricting searches to specific contexts yet.