RE: [htdig] htmerge fails with "Total docs:0, total doc db size 0kb"

Subject: RE: [htdig] htmerge fails with "Total docs:0, total doc db size 0kb"
From: Markus Rietzler (Markus.Rietzler@t-online.de)
Date: Wed Jun 28 2000 - 13:00:48 PDT

that's right, it was an update-dig.
i can't tell how many docs were gone since the last dig.
as we're indexing different webservers, there could be a big change in
documents, many which were deleted and many which where created new in
the meantime.

the last dig in may produced:

htdig: 1308 servers seen:
htmerge: Total word count: 838865
htmerge: Total documents: 96458
htmerge: Total doc db size (in K): 676870

i have just startet an inital dig in a different db-dir, so that i
can still use the search until the dig and merge are finished.
maybe that'll help.

thanx

ps: i have found a false entry in my url.lst file, could have caused the
error...

mfg

Markus Rietzler