[htdig] Limit the Number of Hits

Subject: [htdig] Limit the Number of Hits
From: Abdul Jabbar (abdul.jabbar@strath.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Jun 28 2000 - 02:37:19 PDT

Hi everyone

Is there any way for me to restrict the number of hits that htdig can show
on anyone search. For example if i do a regular search on my Htdig database
i would receive 1000 hits is there any way to get htdig to cut this down by
500, and only display the first 500 it finds?. This would speed up the
search right?. If there is a way to do this and i implement it on to my
htdig.conf file would i have to reindex the site? . Thanks ever so much for
your help.