Re: [htdig] wordlist is data instead of ASCII file

Subject: Re: [htdig] wordlist is data instead of ASCII file
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 26 2000 - 10:21:18 PDT

On Mon, 26 Jun 100, Andreas Hudzieczek wrote:

> Now the strange thing is that with the new installation and the
> overall same config file as with the old installtion, the wordlist
> file in the db dir now has a data file format. This is in
> contradiction to my memory that only the db.*doc* files in the db dir

In some sense, there are two types of word files in the database
directory. The db.words.db file is data, the db.wordlist file is ASCII
text.

If you're saying that the db.wordlist file is now no longer text, I would
make sure nothing in your build environment (i.e. compilers, libraries,
etc.) have changed. The code to write the db.wordlist file uses fairly
standard library calls to write text.