Re: [htdig] Improving Search Efficency

Subject: Re: [htdig] Improving Search Efficency
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 26 2000 - 06:27:30 PDT

At 11:23 AM +0100 6/26/00, Abdul Jabbar wrote:
>I have indexed a couple of Huge sites, but everytime i try to do a search
>on the sites it takes a long time. Is there anyway i can make the searches
>more efficent. Sometimes i get hits in the thousands. Any hints and tips
>would be greatley appreciated.

It's hard for me to answer this question. My first response is to buy
more RAM or a faster drive (e.g. SCSI v. IDE). But you don't say
anything about what you define as "huge" or how big your databases or
anything about your computer's specs.

This information would make it a bit easier for us to make a more
intelligent response.