Re: [htdig] digging documents by date?

Subject: Re: [htdig] digging documents by date?
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Sat Jun 24 2000 - 12:13:07 PDT

At 12:25 PM -0500 6/24/00, Edmond Abrahamian wrote:
>there a way to dig documents only if they've been modified after
>a certain date? I want to make a database of 'recent' documents.

Hmm. Interesting idea. You can't really do it now.

>If this is not possible, is there a way to ask htsearch to retrieve
>documents that are newer than a given date?

This has been proposed and a bit of code was contributed, but it has
not been followed up yet. I believe the code is far from a complete
patch. But this has been asked enough, it will get added somewhere on
the road to 3.2.0.

>I suppose if all this fails, I can ask htsearch to return the
>results sorted by date...

Obviously you can already do this. :-)

Of course if you're willing to write a wrapper of some sort, you
could sort the results by date and then have the wrapper stop
displaying after the specific date.