RE: [htdig] Problem with RPM install on Mandrake 7.1

Subject: RE: [htdig] Problem with RPM install on Mandrake 7.1
From: Wayne Larmon (wlarmon@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Fri Jun 23 2000 - 17:03:47 PDT

Yes.

> Secondly, have you tried running htdig -vvv separately from the
> rundig script? If so, what output do you get?

htdig -vvv
        1:0:http://192.168.1.4/
New server: 192.168.1.4, 80
Trying local files
  tried local file /home/httpd/html/robots.txt
 pushed
pick: 192.168.1.4, # servers = 1
0:1:0:http://192.168.1.4/: Trying local files
  tried local file /home/httpd/html/index.html
 not found
pick: 192.168.1.4, # servers = 1

That clears it up. On Mandrake 7.1, the sample index file that is installed
in /home/httpd/html is index.shtml. (Note the 's'.) When local_urls is
defined, ht://Dig can't find index.shtml. (Because "The only file name
extensions currently recognized for local filesystem access are .html, .htm,
.txt, .asc, .ps, .eps and .pdf.")

To make it work, I made a symbolic line in /home/httpd/html/index.html to
point to /home/httpd/html/index.shtml. Now rundig works with 'local_urls'
defined.

Thanks.

--
Wayne Larmon