RE: [htdig] Problem with RPM install on Mandrake 7.1

Subject: RE: [htdig] Problem with RPM install on Mandrake 7.1
From: Wayne Larmon (wlarmon@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Fri Jun 23 2000 - 08:15:42 PDT

-----Original Message-----
From: NEPOTE Charles (Neuilly Gestion) [mailto:charles.nepote@cetelem.fr]
Sent: Friday, June 23, 2000 9:25 AM
To: 'wlarmon@nycap.rr.com'

> Your problem will be solved when you'll install it via the RPM package
> provided by Mandrakesoft (which is working very well) see :

ftp://ftp.ciril.fr/pub/linux/mandrake-devel/contrib/RPMS/htdig-3.1.5-2mdk.i5
86.rpm

I tried this and it sort of works. For testing putposes, I set the
machine's address to its local IP address. So my /etc/htdig/htdig.conf
contains

# The URL(s) where htdig will start. See also limit_urls_to above.
start_url: http://192.168.1.4/

# This makes sure that we don't spider the web
local_urls_only: true

# These attributes allow indexing server via local filesystem rather than
HTTP.
#local_urls: http://192.168.1.4/=/home/httpd/html/
#local_user_urls: http://192.168.1.4/=/home/,/public_html/

Configured this way, it works. But if I uncomment 'local_urls' and run
'rundig -s' I get.

htdig: Run complete
htdig: 1 server seen:
htdig: 192.168.1.4:80 1 document

htdig: Errors to take note of:
Not found: http://192.168.1.4/ Ref:
DB2 problem...: missing or empty key value specified
htmerge: Total word count: 0
htmerge: Total documents: 0
htmerge: Total doc db size (in K): 0

But it works if I comment 'local_urls' out. /home/httpd/html/ is the
directory that contains the HTML files.

Wayne Larmon