Re: [htdig] Site is inaccessible

Subject: Re: [htdig] Site is inaccessible
From: Andrew Scherpbier (andrews@contigo.com)
Date: Thu Jun 22 2000 - 15:05:19 PDT

Geoff Hutchison wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Jun 2000 Emran.Jafree@intelsat.int wrote:
>
> > When i go to http://www.htdig.org i get the following error:
> > Is the server down?
>
> I'll make a more general announcement. Andrew Sherpbier, through Contigo
> Software, has been graciously providing bandwidth for htdig.org ever
> since, well, there *was* an htdig.org.
>
> They're having some connection problems, but they're moving ISPs.

This last outage was due to a power surge... It killed the floppy drive on
the machine which caused it to become unbootable...
Can't wait to move this stuff to a real data center!!!

On a different note, Contigo Software is now Evoke Communications. The sale
of my company was completed last Friday!
Evoke communications has been gracious enough to offer the continued hosting
of htdig.org in their data center. There will be in excess of 640Mb/s raw
internet connectivity available. That should hold things over for a while!

Andrew Scherpbier <andrews@contigo.com>
Evoke Communications <http://www.evoke.com/>