Re: [htdig] Indexing problems - maybe virtual host issue.

Subject: Re: [htdig] Indexing problems - maybe virtual host issue.
From: Geoff Hutchison (
Date: Mon Jun 19 2000 - 07:24:54 PDT

At 10:15 AM -0400 6/19/00, <> wrote:
> 1:0:
>New server:, 80
>Unable to build connection with
> pushed
>pick:, # servers = 1

As it said, it can't build a connection, so it's a problem on the
server configuration side. This is probably not the best place for
such questions.

Make sure you can use a program like lynx to access your virtual
server from the indexing machine. If you can do that, you should be
able to index.

>I'm running apache 1.3.3 and the virtual host is up and running. (It
>currently contains the htdig documentation tree)

For one, I know you should upgrade that version of Apache. I doubt it
will solve your problem, but there are well known bugs and security
problems. I believe the latest version is 1.3.12. While you're there,
the site obviously has troubleshooting and virtual server
configuration information.