[htdig] Re: help

Subject: [htdig] Re: help
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 16 2000 - 06:31:04 PDT

At 4:58 PM +0530 6/16/00, Abhinay Labade wrote:
>dear,
>i am developing web site in php3.
>for content search i am using htdig engine. now i am facing some problems.
>
>1: i want to run ./rundig command frm php3 file, i am trying to run
>it by calling .sh file. but still it is not working
>2: i added a new folder on my site, but result page is not showing
>pages from that new folder. i.e. it is not getting indexed when i am
>indexing site from unix prompt. i checked but that folder is not
>mentioned in exclude url path. then also it is not getting indexed.

Unless you are trying to allow indexing from a web form, you probably
don't want to run the rundig script from a php file. If you do want
to do this, you will want to make sure you include the full path to
the script (e.g. /usr/bin/rundig or /opt/htdig/bin/rundig) and make
sure permissions are set so databases can be created by the webserver.

If you do not have links to this new folder, it will never be found.
Ht://Dig follows links from the start, so if there is not a link to a
particular file, it will not be indexed.