Re: [htdig] trying to figure out -a and merging

Subject: Re: [htdig] trying to figure out -a and merging
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 16 2000 - 06:21:07 PDT

At 10:36 AM +0100 6/16/00, Adam Rice wrote:
>Am I to understand that an update dig with -a won't be an update dig
>unless there's a db.wordlist.work and db.docdb.work file there? It won't
>just look for non .work versions of these files?

That's correct. The -a flag tells htdig and htmerge to add the .work
extension to the database names and then it proceeds as normal. So if
you don't have a db.wordlist.work and db.docdb.work file, it won't be
an update dig. Since the db.wordlist.work file isn't used by
htsearch, I just leave it alone and make a copy of db.docdb.work
instead of moving it.