[htdig] Indexing files behind a proxy server ???

Subject: [htdig] Indexing files behind a proxy server ???
From: Abdul Jabbar (abdul.jabbar@strath.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Jun 16 2000 - 03:30:34 PDT

Hello

I Wonder if any one can help me. I have recentley installed Htdig on our
servers and it seems to be indexing files correctley on all of our internal
websites. There seems to be a problem with it accessing sites outside of the
network. I think but i am not sure that it may have something to do with the
proxy server and firewall that we have set up. Everytime i try to index a
file outside the network i get the following error

Rejected: URL not in the limits!
url rejected: (level 1)http://www.strath.ac.uk/
A tag: pos = 2, position = ="top">
anchor: top
A tag: pos = 2, position =
="http://www.strath.ac.uk/IT/Web/Cache/proxyconfig.ht
ml">
href: http://www.strath.ac.uk/IT/Web/Cache/proxyconfig.html
(http://www.strath.a
c.uk/IT/Web/Cache/proxyconfig.html)

   Rejected: URL not in the limits!
url rejected: (level 1)http://www.strath.ac.uk/IT/Web/Cache/proxyconfig.html
A tag: pos = 2, position = ="mailto:cachemaster@strath.ac.uk">
href: mailto:cachemaster@strath.ac.uk (Cachemaster)

   Rejected: Not an http or relative link!
url rejected: (level 1)mailto:cachemaster@strath.ac.uk
 size = 2223
pick: info.lut.ac.uk, # servers = 1
htmerge: Sorting...
htmerge: Merging...

0/http://info.lut.ac.uk/departments/dils/cti/cti.html

I think it is looking at the proxy server and is ignoring the site that i
want it to index. Any ideas on how to get around this. Please help. If this
has been sent to the wrong list as it is my first post then please accept my
apologies. Thanks for your help.

Abdul Jabbar
University of Strathclyde
Abdul.jabbar@strath.ac.uk