Re: [htdig] trying to figure out -a and merging

Subject: Re: [htdig] trying to figure out -a and merging
From: Adam Rice (adam@newsquest.co.uk)
Date: Fri Jun 16 2000 - 02:36:49 PDT

Geoff Hutchison wrote:
> Since I prefer to run update digs, I keep some of the .work files
> around. See rundig.sh at <http://www.htdig.org/files/contrib/scripts/>

Am I to understand that an update dig with -a won't be an update dig
unless there's a db.wordlist.work and db.docdb.work file there? It won't
just look for non .work versions of these files?

If someone could clarify the exact behaviour of -a it would be helpful,
as I've rolled the relevant subset of the "rundig" functionality into my
application.

Adam Rice