Re: [htdig] trying to figure out -a and merging

Subject: Re: [htdig] trying to figure out -a and merging
From: Clint Gilders (
Date: Thu Jun 15 2000 - 20:53:41 PDT

Thanks a ton for your help.

> I'm not sure why the timestamps on your original files were *newer*
> than the ones that you just created. But you want to move (or copy)
> the .work files to replace the other databases.

The time stamps are newer on the original files because I tried to do a
merge after the last dig finished, so those files had been altered.

> Since I prefer to run update digs, I keep some of the .work files
> around. See at <>

I have already downloaded your script. I will try it soon.

Is there any reason why I couldn't use Perl to write scripts like rundig
etc.. I am much more proficient in Perl.

Thanks for all your help.

Clint Gilders