Re: [htdig] running htdig with -a switch

Subject: Re: [htdig] running htdig with -a switch
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 15 2000 - 20:09:42 PDT

At 7:47 PM -0400 6/15/00, Clint Gilders wrote:
> Just a quick question. When running htdig with the -a switch do I
>have to also run htmerge -a? I ran htdig -a earlier today but didn't
>use -a when running htmerge, and the database didn't seem to get
>updated. Would that be why?

I'll answer both e-mails since they're largely separate.

If you run htdig with the -a switch, it will operate on a set of
databases with the extension .work. If you use the -a switch for
htmerge, it will also operate on a set of databases with the
extension .work.

So usually, you'll want to set -a for both of them (or to neither).