[htdig] more custom search questions

Subject: [htdig] more custom search questions
From: Stephen L Arnold (arnold@ensco.cncoffice.com)
Date: Thu Jun 15 2000 - 15:12:15 PDT

Howdy Fellow Humans:

I finally got back to my search form stuff, and I thought I had it all figured out (but not quite). I have a fairly organized directory structure of Word docs to search through:

Top_Dir
Top_Dir\task1\doc_type1
              \doc_type2
              \doc_type3...
Top_Dir\task2\doc_type1
              \doc_type2
              \doc_type3...

I have two select tags (one for task and one for doc_type) that use the Restrict parameter to HtSearch, with the default selection "all" for both. However, when I select a specific task and a specific doc_type, HtSearch never sees the task selection, but does see the doc_type selection (I guess it only sees the last value of Restrict).

Is there some way to combine the values from both Select tags and pass them as a single value to Restrict? If not, would I actually have to try and mod the code? I can do Ada, Fortran, and a little C, but I'd rather not try and mess with any C++ code...

Thanks in advance, Steve Arnold