[htdig] Directory Listing Indexed? Why?

Subject: [htdig] Directory Listing Indexed? Why?
From: Kevin Obbayi (kobbayi@freei.com)
Date: Mon Jun 12 2000 - 09:46:41 PDT

Hi all...
There are two things that are bothering me when I try to index a folder full
of php/html files

1. The directory structure is also being indexed, so that after I index a
number of files that I have in the http://www.foo.com/mydir when I type in a
search query like the word "index" it returns the following link "index
of/mydir" and then when I click on this link I get the directory listing of
that directory. How can I prevent this?

2. IF I have one "index.html" file in the directory, rundig will not index
any other files that directory.

Can anyone help me understand what might be going on?

thanks
Kevin