Re: [htdig] Can't find _G_config.h *make*

Subject: Re: [htdig] Can't find _G_config.h *make*
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 12 2000 - 07:52:43 PDT

At 8:46 AM -0400 6/12/00, steve1800@iname.com wrote:
>To find "libstdc++" I ran configure with the followoing :
>env CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/include/g++ LDFLAGS=-L/usr/lib ./configure

You *really* shouldn't need to do this. The configure script is
pretty good about checking /usr/include and /usr/local/include, etc.

>I'm trying to upgrade from the old insecure htdig 3.1 and in the
>meantime my ISP upgraded to bsd4.1 from bsd 3.0 . Maybe this could
>be causing problems?

Possibly. What compiler version are you using? Was it compiled for
the previous OS version? The more recent gcc versions (i.e.
gcc-2.95.x and egcs-1.x) include libstdc++ and are much easier to
work with--the compiler and the library are installed together.