Re: [htdig] Database Updates

Subject: Re: [htdig] Database Updates
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 09 2000 - 08:33:07 PDT

On Fri, 9 Jun 2000, Jeannette D Stephenson wrote:

> I have a question about updating the databases created by htdig. How
> do I go about updating them? Also, is there anyway to set the program
> so that it updates automatically weekly?

To update them, you would just need to re-run htdig (w/o the -i flag) and
then htmerge. Most of the time, you want to do this on a separate set of
databases. See some of the scripts at <http://www.htdig.org/contrib/> [I'm
a bit partial to rundig.sh. ;-) ]

To run any UNIX program on a periodic basis, use the cron daemon. If
you're not familiar, consult a local UNIX person, any reference book, or
type "man cron" and "man crontab"

Cheers,