Re: [htdig] Splitting up the dig

Subject: Re: [htdig] Splitting up the dig
From: Sheila R. Bryant (sws96srb@met.reading.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Jun 09 2000 - 01:34:24 PDT

Sheri Campbell wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with space right now (lack of it) and because of this htmerge fails.
> Is it possible to split up the dig and then combine all of the datbases and still use
> only one configuration file? OR, is it possible to do several small digss and use more
> than one configuration file for the search?
> For example, in my html search page is it possible to
> <input type=hidden name="config" value=config/file1 && config/file2>
>
> Thank you,
> Sheri

Hi,

This may not be relevant to your particular case, but when I had
problems with htmerge failing due to lack of space it all came down to
the TMPDIR environment variable. I was using the scripts rundig &
updatedig, and found that the full run was OK, but the update failed.
Setting the TMPDIR variable to somewhere with more space fixed it.

--

Sheila