[htdig] banner ad alt text coming up

Subject: [htdig] banner ad alt text coming up
From: Clint Gilders (servermaster@kingsnake.com)
Date: Thu Jun 08 2000 - 20:56:24 PDT

Hello Again.

    One thing we have noticed is that the alt text from from our banner
ad rotation is being indexed. This would give a false match,
because the banner may have nothing to do with the actual page that it
is on, and it probably won't be there if the person visits the page.

Is there a way to stop the alt tags from being indexed?

The banner script is called like so:

<!--#include virtual="/cgi-bin/ads/ads.pl?rtn=available01" -->

and in the search results you get things like:

....Click here for Diamond Reptile Breeders......

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Clint Gilders
Servermaster Kingsnake.com