Re: [htdig] .pdf and .doc-files

Subject: Re: [htdig] .pdf and .doc-files
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Thu Jun 08 2000 - 07:12:32 PDT

According to Andre Reuber:
> I am beginner in operating with htdig. Ist there any possibility
> to make a index on .doc, .pdf, .xls, ... files? Do I need any extra
> source? Where can I get this source.

See http://www.htdig.org/FAQ.html#q4.8
and http://www.htdig.org/FAQ.html#q4.9

The .xls files may be a bit more of a challenge. I'd recommend using
doc2html for .doc & .pdf, and if you find and install the Excel to HTML
converter, xlHtml, you could probably add it to doc2html as an extra
converter fairly easily (if you have at least a minor understanding
of Perl).