Re: [htdig] lots of problems with htdig

Subject: Re: [htdig] lots of problems with htdig
From: Marcel Hicking (m.hicking@via-net-works.de)
Date: Wed Jun 07 2000 - 06:43:08 PDT

Are you sure that retkeily.shtml is referenced?
ht://dig cannot find unreferenced documents.
So if you cannot reach retkeily.shtml starting
from index.html (or whatever your start_url is)
it won't be indexed.

You might also want to check valid_extensions
and bad_extensions in your config file and
maybe even exclude_urls, depending on your
document structure.

See the documentation for details.
http://www.htdig.org/attrs.html#valid_extensions
http://www.htdig.org/attrs.html#bad_extensions
http://www.htdig.org/attrs.html#exclude_urls

Marcel

On 7 Jun 00, at 16:28, Peter Peltonen wrote:

> I'm using Ht://Dig version 3.1.5-0 under Redhat 6.2
>

> Htdig doesn't dig all documents
> -------------------------------
>
> First of all, htdig doesn't seem to go through all my HTML documents that
> I've commanded it to dig.
>
> I have a document called retkeily.shtml and htdig -vv tells me that htdig
> doesn't look at it. I don't get even a reject message.
>
> Naturally it doesn't show up in the search results.
>
> The file is about 2kb and I've got the following arguments in my htdig.conf:
>
> max_head_length: 50000
> max_doc_size: 500000
>
> It might have something to do with my other problem:
>

> Language problems
> -----------------
>
> htdig -vv produces the error message "Warning: unknown locale!" with
> arguments:
>

> locale: fi_FI.ISO-8859-1
>
> and
>
> locale: fi_FI
>

> What is the right syntax?
>

> Also, I cannot produce a finnish.0 file because I cannot find finnish.dict
> from anywhere. The link at
>
> http://fmg-www.cs.ucla.edu/geoff/ispell-dictionaries.html#Finnish-dicts
>
> doesn't work :( I obtained finnish-ispell package, but it contained only the
> finnish.aff and finnish.hash files. It seems that the .hash file is the
> dictionary file, but it is in some packaged format...
>
> Does anyone know where to get the finnish.dict file or how to produce a
> clear text file from finnish.hash?
>

> Regards,
> Peter
> pisara@iki.fi

VIA NET.WORKS Deutschland GmbH        http://www.via-net-works.de
Bismarckstrasse 120                          fon +49 203 3093-101
D-47057 Duisburg                             fax +49 203 3093-112
Deutsche Provider Network              m.hicking@via-net-works.de