Re: [htdig] Spidering but not indexing

Subject: Re: [htdig] Spidering but not indexing
From: D.J.Adams@soton.ac.uk
Date: Wed Jun 07 2000 - 04:45:53 PDT

> hi,
>
> I have a menu system that is used to access my site. But I don't want to
> index that menu, or I don't want the menu files in search results. Is
> that possible? And how? i looked in the configuration section but
> couldn't find anything.
>
> rutger
>
> --
> Homepage: http://huizen.dds.nl/~rarwes

Yes, There are two different approaches, use which ever suits you:

1) Stop your menu files being indexed by adding this line to the head
        section of each one:

<META NAME="robots" content="noindex, follow">

2) Allow the menu files to be indexed, but have them omitted from
        the results of a search by a hidden "exclude" field on the
        HTML form.

--

David J Adams
<D.J.Adams@soton.ac.uk>