Re: [htdig] More Load balancing

Subject: Re: [htdig] More Load balancing
From: Terry Luedtke (LuedtkT@mail.nlm.nih.gov)
Date: Wed May 31 2000 - 09:59:23 PDT

I'm a little confused. Can't you just have htdig start at www.domain.com? Since it starts at www, not www1 or www2, won't the following (host relative) addresses all be www? That is what we are doing here, (albeit using local_urls for speed).

BTW there is a security bug fixed between 314 and 315.

Terry Luedtke

>>> Mark Sullivan <sullivan@netgen.com> 31-May-00 11:27:30 >>>
> So my question: do you want
> htdig to fetch all documents from the server named www.mydomain.com?
> If so, then you should use server_aliases, and not mess with
> url_part_aliases.

I have two seperate hosts (www1,www2) running a copy of htdig314, I just
want to have the results from the search (on www1,www2) return
www.domain.com so users have no idea there are two hosts being
balanced...

I really appreciate the help, I installed Local Director the other day
and this was my next objective...THANKS!!!