Re: [htdig] Undefined Reference Compile Problems - Please Help

Subject: Re: [htdig] Undefined Reference Compile Problems - Please Help
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Wed May 31 2000 - 06:47:14 PDT

At 8:03 PM +0100 5/30/00, Massingham, David wrote:
>I seem to be suffering from some compile problems. I have the very latest
>version of GCC, Make etc. so I don't think the problem can lie there. I have
>also tried some of the other solutions suggested for similar problems in the
>archive but I just can't get this program to compile.

The errors are coming up because you do not have libz installed.

I'll bet you're compiling a source package of some sort (e.g. RPM).
You certainly didn't run the ./configure script yourself, which
detects libz and disables the compression code if it doesn't find it.

So either compile the actual .tar.gz source from
<http://www.htdig.org/where.html> or install libz.