Re: [htdig] htdig 3.1.6 ?

Subject: Re: [htdig] htdig 3.1.6 ?
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Mon May 29 2000 - 20:08:19 PDT

At 10:51 AM -0500 5/29/00, Gilles Detillieux wrote:
> > If 3.2 release will take many month as Geoff said, why not built a new
> > version based on 3.1.5. (Just think about newbies as I am, not
>familiar with
> > patch operations...).
>
>Because the more time we waste on 3.1.x, the less time we have to work
>on 3.2. I don't want to make 3.1 seem a more attractive option than
>3.2, and discourage potential beta testers. Getting good, solid, and
>documented features in 3.2 should be our priority, otherwise we'll just
>keep pushing back the release date.

Right now I cannot do any development on 3.2.0b3, but I hope that
will resolve itself within a matter of a few days. At that point I
hope to clear all remaining roadblocks to 3.2.0 quickly.

It takes quite a bit of my time to ready a release. Since there are a
number of bugs that cannot be fixed in the 3.1.x line, I would much
rather all effort go into getting 3.2.0b3 out and then stabilize
quickly for a 3.2.0 release.

If a security problem or significantly bad bug (e.g. segfault) is
found in the 3.1.5 code, I will ensure there is a 3.1.6 release.