Re: [htdig] title_factor and keywords_factor

Subject: Re: [htdig] title_factor and keywords_factor
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Mon May 29 2000 - 20:01:34 PDT

At 2:38 PM +0200 5/29/00, Alain FORCIOLI wrote:
>For the majority of search requests on my web site, words in the TITLE
>or <META NAME=keywords ...> must have the highest weight.
>
>So i've set the following *_factor directives.

Did you reindex from scratch? They're not htsearch attributes:
<http://www.htdig.org/cf_byprog.html>

>I would like to understand why A is listed before B in the search
>result. Since B (TITLE + META) must have a higher score than A (TITLE
>only).

I'd check the db.wordlist file itself and take a look at the w: field
for the words you used. These will give you the total weight summed
up over all instances of the word. (Remember that in 3.1.x, words are
also weighted by position, 1-1000 with 1000 being the top of the
document.)