Re: [htdig] DB2 problem

Subject: Re: [htdig] DB2 problem
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Mon May 29 2000 - 09:01:22 PDT

According to Sheri Campbell:
> I am currently running a dig and getting the error message
>
> DB2 problem:.../my/dir/db.docdb.db page 97950 doesn't exist, create flag
> not set.
>
> Also, when I started the dig and the Db's were being copied over, I got
> the message that db.docdb.db had an input/output error.
>
> I don't know exactly what is wrong or how to
> fix the problem but I am assuming that the error messages are related.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "the Db's were being copied over".
Were you trying to copy the databases from the indexing system to another
before htdig and htmerge had completed, or overwriting the databases on
the indexing system while htdig was running? An I/O error while writing
a database can most certainly mess things up. In any case, it sounds like
a corrupt database, so the standard remedy is to reindex from scratch.

Either run the rundig script, or run "htdig -i" followed by htmerge,
and don't do anything with or to the databases until they're completely
rebuilt. Make sure you have plenty of disk space available before
you begin. If you still get the errors after that, or during the
rebuild, please post a message to the list again, and hopefully one of
the developers more knowledgeable in the Berkeley DB package can work
with you to get to the bottom of this.