Re: [htdig] No searches work

Subject: Re: [htdig] No searches work
From: Gilles Detillieux (
Date: Fri May 26 2000 - 10:28:13 PDT

According to Shad Young:
> In version 3.2b everything seems to work. It build's the DB, and things
> work like normal, but when I do a search it tells me that it can not
> find any of the test words.
> This system was running 3.15 previously. 3.15 was fully removed, and 3.2
> installed in a different location.
> Possible reasons?

A common problem with 3.2.0b2 is that the db.words.db_weakcmpr file must
be writeable by the user under which the web server runs - generally the
fix is to make it world writable, but you could change its ownership
instead, and make sure its writeable by owner.

I sure hope this is fixed in the CVS source tree. Can anyone confirm this?

Spinal Cord Research Centre       WWW: