Re: [htdig] ht://dig multi user use

Subject: Re: [htdig] ht://dig multi user use
From: J. op den Brouw (MSQL_User@st.hhs.nl)
Date: Fri May 26 2000 - 04:20:28 PDT

Yes. You'll need to create a config file (and presumably header
and footer files etc) for each user. This config file has
a number of parameters unique for every user such as
database location, start URL, common files directory, images
for the next/prev buttons at the bottom.

Then run htdig (or rundig) with the -c option for each user.
The search HTML page (start page) needs to have a hidden
parameter config with the right config file per user.

You only need one instance of htsearch (in fact all the binaries).

I did this myself for four sites.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need more on this....

On Thu, 25 May 2000, Olivier RICHE wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like toknow if if it is possible to use ht://dig on a linux
> multi-user server where each user would have a config. Each web site site
> on the linux server having a ht://dig database config.
>
> May be this question is very easy for U...
>
> thanks for helping
>
> Olivier RICHÉ (france)

--jesse
Haagse Hogeschool 2521 EN DEN HAAG
Faculty of Engeneering Netherlands
Electrical Engeneering +31 70 4458936

Linux - because reboots are for hardware changes