Re: [htdig] pause

Subject: Re: [htdig] pause
From: Geoff Hutchison (
Date: Thu May 25 2000 - 13:52:01 PDT

On Thu, 25 May 2000, Franck Horlaville wrote:

> does htdig write its pid somewhere, like in /var/run/ (where
> it's not) ?

No. For one, this practice is usually only followed for daemons and other
programs that are never intended to terminate. Ht://Dig is not a daemon.
For another, this directory structure is not standard across platforms.

> otherwise, how do I retrieve it easily ?

I'd probably use some form of the ps command. If you have a 'killall'
command, you might use that or at least look at the script itself.