Re: [htdig] <!---start grab---> Possible?<!--stop grab-->

Subject: Re: [htdig] Possible?
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Thu May 25 2000 - 13:35:56 PDT

According to Corry Opdenakker:
> is it possible with Fuzzy searching that I capture only the content that's
> put between comment tag's?
> so that htdig returns "Possible?" in this example:
> blalblalblalblabllblblallblablalblalbalblallba
> <!---start grab---> Possible?<!--stop grab-->
> blablalblalblalblalblalblalblablallballba
>
> If it's possible, than the product will be a great help to me!

Not quite. With the noindex_start and noindex_end attributes, you can
do exactly the opposite, i.e. tell htdig to strip out the part between
two specific tags and index the rest, but there's no way right now to
make it strip everything but the part between two tags.

However, if you had a <!--stop grab--> at the very start of the document
as well, that would be another matter. (The <!--start grab--> tag at
the very end of the document would be optional.) You could use these
settings to do what you want:

noindex_start: <!--stop grab-->
noindex_end: <!--start grab-->

Note that this causes htdig to stop indexing as well as to stop following
links in the sections surrounded by these tags.